Do you use Airdesk’s Task module? If the answer is “no”, you may be wasting one of the easiest ways to be more productive at work.
In this module, you can view all the tasks assigned to you, regardless of the team or the project in which the tasks are inserted. This feature is designed to help you concentrate and complete all your tasks in an agile and productive way.
To get the most out of Airdesk, here are three ways to master this module, and some examples of how to improve the organization of your tasks to do your best work.
1. Create a task
Tasks usually represent responsibilities or achievable steps and help define who is responsible for what and until when. They are usually part of a project and are easy to find and remain visible to team members.
With Airdesk‘s platform, you can create a task by clicking on Services in the top menu and then on Tasks. From the Add Task button, you can easily create a task by following these steps:
- Assign the task to a customer, contract, business, among others.
- Give the task a name. Write specific names. For example, it might be more clear “Complete the first draft of the article for the blog” instead of “Write for the blog”.
- Assign the task to a pipeline, e.g. “Commercial”, if the task relates to that department. Airdesk allows you to create pipelines to organize your routines and give you more control over your business and opportunities.
- You can add followers (other team members) to the task to accompany you.
- Assign the task to yourself or a teammate. Tasks have only one person in charge, so there is no doubt about who is in charge of the job.
- Include the estimated time to complete the task.
- Create a checklist to track the objectives of the task.
- Create a note only visible internally with indications of how to complete the task.
2. Organize your tasks
After completing the previous phase, you’ll see that there are 3 Task states: Open, Closed, and Cancelled.
You can follow the status of tasks through the Kanban method. This technique allows you to visualize the work, maximize efficiency, and constantly improve the flow and quality of your work.
After each day of work, you’ll be able to launch time-related to your tasks, to know exactly how long it took to finish each task.
3. Manage your tasks
Track your company’s task count, response time, and much more through the task report.
Once time entries are made, Airdesk helps you control or respond to the following situations:
- What tasks are needed to complete a project.
- What tasks are required to complete a ticket.
- What tasks are assigned to the customer.
- What tasks are assigned to the contract.
- What tasks are assigned to the deal.
- What tasks are assigned to the employee.
- Access this information through intuitive dashboards, so you can clearly visualize as much information as possible. Know exactly what the status of the tasks, the average time to close tasks, the time-released for open tasks, and much more.
Task management contributes to the increase of productivity and efficiency in your work. Avoiding delays and overworked employees are just some of the benefits of improving your task organization. Therefore, having a collaboration tool to manage your tasks is essential.
With a simple and intuitive design, Airdesk is very easy to use, ensuring the rapid adaptation of your team and providing an overall view of your business.
Put these task management tips into practice with Airdesk and work better, faster, and with greater versatility.